Condom Supply Request
Lansing Area AIDS Network works to provide access to condoms for the Lansing, Michigan area and surrounding communities. If you're from an area outside of the area of coverage, we may contact you to let you know that we are not able to provide you with our services.
We do have condoms distribution hours at our office on Tuesdays from 11am - 3pm, where you can pick up your weekly or monthly supply of condoms. Our office location is 913 W. Holmes Rd, Lansing, MI 48910.
We will not reach out to you unless there is a request for communication or if we cannot mail you condoms. Your information will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any outside agencies.
If you have any questions and concerns, please text or call our Prevention Staff at 517-242-3762.
Food Pantry Notice
Due to an abundance of caution, the Lansing Area AIDS Network is unable to operate their food pantry under normal operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic. Food is still available to clients, and will be delivered on an as-needed basis to the client's home.
If you are in need of food assistance, please contact your Medical Case Manager directly to arrange a delivery.
LAAN Response to COVID-19
The Lansing Area AIDS Network understands the serious nature of Covid-19 and the quickly evolving nature of this pandemic. It is also aware of its responsibilities in attending to the needs of its clients while at the same time ensuring the health and safety of all staff and clients.
The agency continues to monitor the situation as new information and guidelines emerge from federal, state, and local authorities.
The following precautions to ensure client and staff health and safety are effective immediately and will continue until further notice:
- During this period, LAAN will remain open, but staff have been advised that more remote work options will be put into place.
- Because staff will be working remotely to minimize the spread of Covid-19 and promote the health and safety of all clients and staff, this office may not be staffed during posted business hours.
- Visitor access to the office will be limited to those instances necessitating direct contact and will be provided by appointment only.
- Office volunteers will be asked to remain home until further notice.
- All HIV testing will be by appointment only.
- All visitors to the office will undergo a screening process prior to entry into the office, and further sanitation and preventative measures will be taken inside the suite to include hand washing and as necessary, and appropriate, the use of facemasks.
- Increased sanitation procedures will be followed in the office suite and will necessitate the routine cleaning of office spaces after any visits.
- The majority of case management, early intervention, and patient navigation services will be provided by phone or as arranged between LAAN staff and clients.
- LAAN clients will be contacted by their assigned case managers, who will be accessible during this period via business cell or as otherwise arranged..
- All group activities have been, or will be, cancelled inclusive of client education and workshops.
- As a necessary precaution for staff and clients, the transportation of clients to appointments by LAAN staff will be discontinued until further notice. Care staff team will assist their clients in securing other arrangements.
- Food pantry orders will be delivered as arranged with care team members.
LAAN has a 35 year history of responding to the needs of its clients and the communities it serves in a considered and thoughtful manner. We are committed to continuing in a responsive manner during this quickly evolving public health crisis. Extraordinary times sometimes call for an extraordinary response. This is where we all find ourselves today. Due flexibility is critical as Covid-19 evolves and as the response necessitates. Know that LAAN is here for you during this period and that we are committed to the well-being of clients, community, and staff alike.